6 Holiday Hostess Gifts Under $50
December has always been one of my very favorite months of the year - the Christmas decorations, lights, cheer, music, smells, foods, and of course, gatherings and parties! While I do spend much of December snuggled under my sherpa blanket gazing lovingly at my Christmas tree (and watching Elf and The Santa Clause on repeat on Freeform), I also love putting on some sequins and stepping out to a festive holiday shindig.
But, what to bring to a holiday party or, say, your future mother-in-law's house to graciously thank your hosts? These classic gifts I've picked out are tested favorites that everyone will enjoy all season long (except for the cider. That may or may not last the night!)
1. A seasonal bottle of Millstone Cider. I love supporting local businesses, especially around the holidays, and always give a bottle of Millstone to my couples as a little wedding gift. Their branding is so on point and the cider is just delicious - tie a little calligraphy gift tag on top of the bottle with a silk ribbon and you've got the perfect gift.
2. Any Anthropologie candle. I love this one in particular because the Balsam & Cedar scent is so perfect for the holidays and smells waaay better than any other evergreen candle I've ever smelled.
3. A boxwood wreath. A gift that everyone can enjoy long past the holidays, I love greenery and boxwood wreaths! Dress this up with a thick dark grey silk ribbon and this wreath is anything but rustic.
4. This West Elm two-tone plate. Pile to the brim with holiday treats and your hosts will love the surprise beneath. With the neutral design, this can be used year-round.
5. Obviously chocolate and treats are a no-brainer for holiday gift-giving! This box of assorted chocolates from Baltimore-based Rheb's Candies are one of my favorites, and another local business I love to support. (It certainly doesn't hurt when all of these local companies are. so. delicious.)
6. A potted orchid. I keep seeing live orchids at Whole Foods, Home Depot, and sometimes Target lately, and they are a great, not-too-expensive-but-still-elegant gift that will stay beautiful with the proper care. So far I've bought one for myself and my parents but I'm sure there will be more to come.
What holiday events are you the most excited about this year? Nothing like spending time with family and friends - hope you all enjoy!